Fibre Optic Cable Installers
Have you ever made a phone call and all you can hear is an annoying echo on the line?
This echoing is caused by your phone signal bouncing off a communications satellite. With transatlantic fibre optic cables, you wouldn’t have the echoing, as they provide a direct connection.
How does Fibre Optic Cabling work?
Fibre optic lines are strands of optically pure glass as thin as your hair that carries digital information over long distances. It is estimated that modern fibre optic cables carry a signal of a distance of 100kms. On a long distance line, there is an equipment ‘hut’ every 60 to 100kms. The ‘hut’ as it’s known contains equipment that picks up and retransmits the signal down to the next segment, at full strength.
Optical fibres are ideally suited for carrying digital information, which is especially useful in computer networks.”
Advantages of Fibre Optic Cabling for your business
Fibre optic cabling is popular with telecommunications and computer networks: Telephone systems, Cable TV and the Internet. Fibre optic systems are great for telecommunications compared to the conventional copper wire as they have many benefits:
- Higher carrying capacity – Because optical fibres are thinner than copper wires, more fibres can be bundled into a given-diameter cable than copper wires. Fibre optic cables therefore take up less space in the ground
- Less signal degradation – The loss of a signal in optical fibre is less than in a copper wire.
- Light signals – Light signals from one optic fibre do not interfere with those of other fibres within the same cable (unlike electrical signals in copper wires). This means clearer phone conversations, TV reception and digital signals
- Low power– Because signals in optical fibres degrade less, lower-power transmitters can be used instead of the high-voltage electrical transmitters, which are needed for copper wires. This saves you money.
- Non-flammable – No electricity is passed through optical fibres, therefore, no fire hazard
- Lightweight – An optical cable weighs less than a comparable copper wire cable
- Flexible– Fibre optics are so flexible and can still transmit and receive light
- Less expensive – Again, this saves you and your business money
Call Prolux Electrical Contractors on 1800 800 880
The Melbourne electrician for all of your fibre optic cabling electrical requirements, for your phone and Internet.
3/52 Corporate Boulevard, Bayswater VIC 3153
Prolux were the nominated electricians contracted to complete the...
Another Aldi revamp from the ‘old school’ supermarket to...
Australia wide, Aldi are renovating their existing ‘old school’ supermarkets...
Chartered accountants Brandi & Co. have sort the expertise...
Prolux Electrical Contractors, along with By Design have designed...